Friday, December 2, 2011

Growing Interest in Filipino Cacao Farming

While I do not personally have a farming background, I do have a particular interest in cacao farming and how it is cultivated to produce cocoa. Eventually, I’m interested in establishing some sort of retail business involving chocolate, perhaps a cocoa cafĂ© that allows people to sample various applications of cocoa and taste chocolate produced from different regions.

In preparation for my future business, I know that I will need to learn the intricacies of cultivating cacao and educate myself about the relevant issues to cacao farming. Either way, I would like to source my cocoa from the Philippines so that it can benefit Filipino farmers. As a Filipino-American, I am particularly interested in learning more about my heritage and this will be a great way to do this. I still have family living in the Philippines. Depending on conditions, I would even consider investing in cacao farming, purchasing land, and hiring local farm workers. Perhaps I can help contribute to the cocoa production output from the Philippines.

It'll be interesting to start learning more about Filipino cacao farming and the related issues associated with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment